Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Beautiful Baskets

Is there anyone out there who shares my
Obsession
for
Baskets?
Aren't these the most
Beautiful Baskets?!!
And the really cool thing is...
they were
Handmade
by
My Very Dear Friend
Carey.
I am so amazed by her talent!
Each one is lovelier than the last.
It is hard to choose a favorite.
Carey has long been a
 gifted knitter
&
absolute
Queen of Crochet
but this too.....
Come on now!
So much talent in one sweet person :)))
And by day
she's a
Nurse Practitioner.
This little beauty is
mine all mine :)))
She made me a
Tea Basket
for my birthday!
And filled it with teabags
&
a handmade teabag dish.
She even signed the bottom for me.
As much as I love baskets...
there's nothing that compares to
Good Friends!

Thanks Carey ~
I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Danette! YES! I love baskets, too. Anywhere you look around our house, you are sure to spot a basket. I sold Longaberger baskets for a while. I just wanted the baskets; I wasn't a great saleswoman! Anyway, they are so functional and useful. Your handmade gift is gorgeous! I can see why you love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good friend of mine sold Longaberger Baskets for years and I have them ALL OVER my house as well! We DO have much in common :)))
      I am a basket freak!!!
      Have a great day and thanks for stopping by,
      Danette

      Delete
  2. Danette,

    Years and years ago I collected Longaberger baskets.
    Still enjoy each and every one. My favorite basket is nearly 40 years.

    You are one special blessed girl. How awesome is it to have a that you have a handmade treasure?

    xxoo Genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am most definitely BLESSED! God has surrounded me with beautiful friendships for sure {yours included :)))}! Which basket is your favorite. I have so many that I love that my favorite changes from time to time. I always carry the little Spring basket along when I go to the yarn shop so they don't have to waste a bag on me. I like that one so well I actually have 2 of them. Bought the second when they had a sale on them. So perfect for so many things. Using our baskets helps in the "go green" effort.
      Love you Dear Friend,
      Danette

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to chat with me ~
Your comments make me so Happy!
Have a lovely day.
Danette